Friday, October 10, 2008

Jayden's trip to the hospital!

It always seems that when Jayden gets her booboos, Ben's at work and I'm all alone! Tonight a glass door fell on Jayden as we were leaving to take Ben his dinner. I caught the glass so it wouldn't break on us, but Jayden got cut my the metal framing. I thought she had broken fingers too. I wasn't in any shape to drive her to the hospital so I scooped her up and ran to a neighbors I have known all my life. She helped calm me and look after Jayden until my mom could get there. I am so thankful to all that helped! My mom, Lindsey (our neighbor) and the staff at Exigent on Wade Hampton. The doctors took Jayden back immediately, took x-rays, gave her toys and calmed me down. Parenthood is so hard when your little one is hurt and you just can't make it better! I would take every bump and bruise if that meant she would never be in harm! But thankfully Jayden had no broken bones, just a nasty cut on her palm and between her thumb and pointer finger. I have cleaned it up, bandaged it and gave her motrin for the pain. The doctor said she would be sore for a few days. I know that kids get hurt, break bones and cry...but where in the parent handbook does it tell you how to not feel like your heart is ripped out when it happens??

No comments: